Saturday, May 8, 2010

MMORPGs I've Never Heard Of

After cruising around the net for some new MMORPGs to play, I found many many games that I never heard of. MMORPGs that I didn’t know even existed. One such game is Carom3D, a billiards MMO. Apparently it’s like Cue Online, except much popular. I follow the gaming scene quite a bit, and I’m surprised I’m quite surprised that I never knew about Carom3D up until now. I’m surprised because Carom3D is featured in the World Cyber Games, meaning it is played competitively world wide. Awesome, right? I gave the game a download the other day, and it’s quite fun. Billiards sounds like a boring sport, but Carom3D is easily one of the better sports MMOs I’ve ever played.

Another game that I never knew about until yesterday was Hero Online, which is a fantasy MMORPG by NetGame. NetGame also publishes Cloud Nine, Scions of Fate, and Operation 7. Hero Online is a fairly generic game, but I still find it fascinating that there are so many MMORPGs out there that I never even heard about. Forget about the mega popular games, there are so many underground less known MMOs that are worth checking out. Savage 2 for example is a game that’s not too popular, but the gameplay is incredible. It’s a game i’ve been addicted to for the last 24 hours. In fact, I actually ended up buying the game in order to support the developers over at S2 Games. Purchasing the game doesn’t really grant me any bonuses, but I wanted to support the developers.

There are just so many MMORPGs out there. I don’t think it’s possible to play them all. Another interesting game I learned about recently is Mu Online, which is published by Webzen – the same people behind Archlord and Soul of the Ultimate Nation. Mu Online isn’t exactly anything special, but it’s a game I found entertaining for a short while. I guess the reason I wasn’t too fond of it was that it plays a lot like the original Diablo game. That’s not a bad thing, but the original Diablo game is well over 10 years old now. I’m looking for something a bit newer.

Anyway guys, I bet there are more MMORPGs out there that I haven’t heard of. If you know of any hidden gems MMORPGs, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment