Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Away From MMORPGs For a Bit - S4 League 4tw

Yesterday I re-downloaded S4 League again, one of my favorite third person shooter MMOs. In fact, it’s one of the only third person shooters aside from Battlefield Heroes. I used to play the game regularly about a year or so ago, but I sort of got bored of it. After playing a boat load of generic tactical MMOFPS games, I wanted to give the game another try, and I’m glad I did. S4 League is crazy fun and it’s just as fun as I remembered it to be. Since I last played a year ago, Alaplaya did a lot with the game. The most notable change is the elimination of lag. Multiplayer matches have practically zero lag now. Plus, there are a boat load of additional maps. Another neat thing is that unlike games like Soldier Front and Sudden Attack, weapons don’t disappear over time, so even though I didn’t play in a year, all of my weapons were saved, which rocks.

I’ve spent much of last week studying for finals and getting school stuff finished. I still have a few more finals to get through, so I can’t really commit to an MMORPG, though I do want to try the new game by IGG – Tales of Fantasy. For those that haven’t heard of it, it’s a 3D MMORPG with largely realistic graphics. So until my finals are done, I’ll probably stick with S4 League is a bit longer. S4 League is fun because I can play it in short bursts without ever spending too much time at once on it. Kind of like Heroes of Gaia and other browser MMORPGs.

I’ve always been a big fan of GunZ too, as I’ve played that game on and off. I played it even before ijji began publishing it 3+ years ago, back when the developer published it worldwide. I do like that ijji is publishing it now, as there are so many less hackers. I think anyone that likes GunZ will also love S4 League, as they’re very similar games. S4 League is just newer so it looks nicer. If anyone plays S4, leave your IGN below and maybe we can play sometime?

No comments:

Post a Comment