Friday, September 3, 2010

They Should Make a Harvest Moon MMO

How awesome would a Harvest Moon MMORPG be? Forget games like Farmville and Farm Town or any other Facebook game. I’m talking about a fully fledged farming MMO with some depth. I’ve always been a fan of the series since I played my first Harvest Moon game on the Super Nintendo. My favorite of the series has to be Friends of Mineral town for the gamebody advance though. I’ve played that game for ages.

There’s definitely a market out there for a farming MMO. Why? Just look at Farmville and, Farm Town and other cheap farming games on facebook! There are so many of them and they’re all REALLY popular. So if so many people are playing these bad farming games, I’m sure many would play a real farming MMORPG. Don’t give me the argument that farmville is a casual game, as most of the people I know who play it, spend HOURs a day on it – not 5 minutes here and there. I read somewhere that Zynga was making over hundred million a year from FarmVille alone. With a market that big, I’m surprised there are no actual client based farming games yet.

What I find really crazy is that there are SO many fantasy MMORPGs, Racing MMOs, Sports MMOs, Sci fi MMORPGs, Turn Based MMORPGs and such, but there are no farming games. Heck, there’s even a golfing MMO called Pangya, but no farming game. I think everyone should send emails to the developers over at Victor Interactive Software and ask for a Harvest Moon themed game. I mean, they keep releasing new games for 360, DS and PS3 but nothing online. Why? I’d gladly pay a monthly subscription to play a game like this.

I’d also really like to see a pokemon MMO. I think Nintendo is crazy for not releasing one. There’s a Digimon MMO called Digimon Battle which is by WeMade Entertainment – and it’s surprisingly popular. I’m serious if an 8 year old Digimon MMO can be successful, a Pokemon MMO could be huge. Perhaps even bigger than World of Warcraft or MapleStory! I know for a fact, MILLIONS of people would play. Nintendo wouldn’t have to do anything that creative either. Just use the same exact graphics as the Pokemon DS games, and make the world persistent, and bam you have an awesome Pokemon MMORPG. People like Pets in MMORPGs, so a Pokemon MMO would work really well.

What do you guys think? Wouldn’t a real client-based farming MMO be awesome?

1 comment:

  1. I have put quite a few hours of thought into what I would like to see in a Harvest Moon MMO, and how it would play out for balance and what not.

    That hardest part for me is trying to figure out how to balance out Stamina/Time.

    Anyways, I could go on and on about what it would be like, but I got a feeling my post would be as long as your post if not longer, so I won't get into it.

    ReplyDelete