Sunday, August 22, 2010

More Anime MMORPGs Coming Soon

A lot of new anime themed MMORPGs are coming out in the next few months. Many of them have been announced already and many of them are just starting their closed beta. August, 2010 has been a great month for free to play anime games! Gpotato announced Iris Online, which looks amazing. Looks like Bright Shadow from GamePot USA, except much brighter and more colorful. I personally love anime graphics in video games for some reason, so I’m definitely excited about Iris. Prior to Iris Online, gPotato only had Fly For Fun as an anime themed MMORPG and it’s been getting old. I mean, it’s a great game, but it’s really old now. Another new anime inspired MMORPG from gPotato that was announced recently is Prius Online. Netmarble is the company that publishes it in South Korea, so I’m surprised they’re not publishing it on their global portal, and instead, are letting gPotato publish it. I never really heard much about Prius Online, but I recently read an article on a news site that a couple in South Korea were so addicted to the game that they had forgotten to feed their child. The game must be good!

Kitsu Saga is another 3D anime MMORPG i’m looking forward to trying once it releases. The game is published by Aeria Games and was developed by the same company who also made Grand Fantasia – one of my favorite MMORPGs. Like Zentia and Dragon Oath, Kitsu Saga is supposed to be martial arts themed. I’m not crazy about the whole martial arts thing, but so long as the game is fun – that’s all that matters. The game is actually called JS Online in South Korea and its supposed to launch in north America sometime in late 2010.

I’ve been playing older MMORPGs like Secret of the Solstice and Fiesta Online from Outspark for a while. So seeing all these new MMORPGs being announced is great. Both Fiesta and Secret of the Solstice are solid games, but i’m looking to try something else. Mostly because I’ve played these games to death. I tried Fantasy Earth Zero from GamePot USA but couldn’t get into it. The same goes for Asda Story from GamesCampus. I’m really looking forward to some of these newer games though. Until they come out, I’ll probably kill some time playing some Lost Saga on OGPlanet and Soul Master. Both games are fairly new and incredibly fun. If you haven’t played them do give them a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment